Casa Bella Bed and Breakfast of Newnan

Upscale Accommodations in the Heart of Town

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Simplistic Details


Often, I am attracted to a serving piece just for its graceful lines, a rich patina or even the skillful combinations of metals and finishes. In this case a combination of all of those things. This beautiful, fanciful piece is from France. My thoughtful hubby presented it to me one Easter in lieu of chocolate!

An egg warmer that functions well-tableside, softly boiled eggs can be served with an egg cup for an elegant simple breakfast of eggs and lightly toasted Sally Lunn bread and rich preserves. The egg warmer is a combination of brass and copper-with a pretty, little hen perched on top of the lid!

I have enjoyed a lifelong fascination of breakfast serving pieces-drawing from my childhood memories of our six-month stay at Stadt Phorzheim in Southern Germany back in the 60's.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment