Casa Bella Bed and Breakfast of Newnan

Upscale Accommodations in the Heart of Town

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Atlanta's Casa Bella Bed and Breakfast


Many of our guests at Casa Bella have questions about our lifestyle and wonder what makes a successful innkeeper.  I'm sure there are many thoughts on the subject but I believe a background in hospitality or food and beverage gives one an edge.

My husband is Italian and grew up in an neighborhood market that his family owned for over 75 years-Gironda's Market in Maranoneck, N.Y. Customers became extended family!

I'm the daughter of a career military man. My family often lived overseas and accommodations weren't always in base housing but sometimes in small apartments or gasthauses "on the economy". 

The gasthauses had a profound and lasting effect on me.

The owners treated us like family. My older sister and I were invited into the restaurant kitchen for ice cream after school.  We were treated as adults at the breakfast table  . . .a memory that I cherish fourty something years later!


No comments:

Post a Comment